Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Book










Concept Statement

            Project three presented the most research and most time consuming of the previous projects. This was a challenge that I was willing to work hard at and try to produce a successful project. That being said, I went through a number of steps in creating my end product. My first step was to create a number of different designs with the symbol that I choose from the last project. And decide on the type of company I would create.
I decided to create a security company called After Dark Security. The colors that were used were dark blue and gold, which represent security and number one in the industry. After I was satisfied with the logo design I started to put together three different grid structures and come up with my book layout and size.
            I then incorporated the grids into my book layout and started to add text to my spreads. Furthermore, I wanted to create a book that would explain my nine symbols but I wanted to take it a step further and explain each process by showing my sketches of the different steps I took in order to create each design.
Creating this book was a challenge because I wanted to create a clean and professional layout. However, I noticed that my book was very simple and didn’t show any character. This led me to recreating certain elements of my book and incorporating color, which helped to create cohesiveness and rhythm. The colors through out the book were the same to create balance and to help create a sense of security and reliability to its viewers. This is also seeing in the color of my book cover with the spine of the book being gold and the rest dark blue.
As it relates to the creation of the book, I must give thanks to Professor Furrup for her assistance with putting together my book. It was a lengthy process but one that was well worth the time. It is easy for someone to get a book made for him or her but to actually create a book on my own was a great learning experience.  In the end I felt a sense of accomplishment and hard work, which is what life is all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment