Thursday, May 5, 2011

Artist Statement


Jordan-Peter Moses

Artist Statement

   When I create my work I try to go into a positive frame of mind. What do I mean by this? I believe that anything an individual does in life is generated through hard work and motivation from different influences that may have occurred in an individual’s life. The great Michelangelo, Leonardo de Vinci and even Pele are all individuals that I believe produced greatness in their lives and found some sort of influence to help them to become successful.
   For me, I generate motivation from my passion for soccer and different experiences that I have been through in my life. Such as, watching my mother battle through cancer, different experiences with sports and most importantly the fact that I have a learning disability called dyslexia. I have seeing a number of individuals with the same learning disability try to use it as an excuse. However, I completely disagree it should drive you to work harder to prove to people that it might take you a little longer but you can still produce exceptional work.
    Furthermore, I try to create most of my art works from my real life experience. In my three typography projects I experimented with words that are related to soccer. It explains the instructions on how to kick a soccer ball. I also created a sculpture that was influenced by soccer, which shows how frustrated I can get with my love for the sport. The sculpture shows my two hands tied together with a rope, which has a soccer ball on the other end.      

No comments:

Post a Comment