Sunday, April 3, 2011

Typography Project

This project was a Typography project that consisted of 6 different design layouts. Such as, Proximity, Weight, Size, Weight and Size, Color and Punctuation.

Throughout this project I went through a number of different steps that paid off in the end. These steps proved to be a huge part of my final project. I decided to come up with a number of steps that a person should take if they want to kick a soccer ball with power. After doing my research on the topic soccer and kicking the ball, I came up with a grid structure that I would create my designs around.
            This was my first experience with this grid method and after I learnt some of the different ways of creating the grids it quickly became a technique that I appreciated. The grid system helped me to come up with different layouts for each sections of my project, which was much better than creating my designs from a plain white piece of paper. Furthermore, I wanted to get the right typeface for each of my designs. After going through the list of fonts that we had to choose from for each of my designs, I was determined to find the right font that was most suitable for each design. Readability played a huge part in my design as it relates to certain fonts and their size and positioning.
Finally, color and punctuation was key in my final two designs. Due to the fact that my topic was related to a sport, I had to create a fun and vibrant feel to my design. I created my work with energetic colors and a look of a soccer field for my visual punctuation. Reason being, I wanted both compositions to grab my viewers attention.     

Size


Proximity




Color




Weight



Visual Punctuation



Weight and Size







No comments:

Post a Comment